Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is originated from the Andean region of South America. Existed for centuries, the ancient Incas considered it the “Mother of All Grains”.
Unlike other grains, quinoa boasts a complete protein because it contains the 8 essential amino acids. This includes the amino acid lysine which is normally found in meat, fish and eggs but rarely found in vegetable.
Quinoa also offers higher content of calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese and zinc compared to wheat, barley or corn.
- Certified organic towards USDA-NOP
- Available in pearl and red
- Boasts a complete protein
- Easy to digest when consumed
- A good source of fiber
- Gluten-free product, making it suitable for those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease
- Mechanically de-saponised to remove the saponin seed coating