Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) is wel-known as "Mother of Grain". Unlike other grains, quinoa boasts a complete protein because it contains the 8 essential amino acids. This includes the amino acid lysine which is normally found in meat, fish an eggs but rarely found in vegetable.
- Helps regulate the blood sugar levels.
- Rich source of protein: Helps in tissue repair and growth.
- High dietary fiber content.
- High iron content: A factor in red blood cell formation.
- High manganese content.
- Low in fat and contains healthy unsaturated fat: Helps to keep cholesterol levels low and maintain heart health.
- Low Glycemic Index: Suitable for diabetes patients.