- Origin: Liaoning Province, China
- Appearance: Black greenish colour with small round shape
- Flavour: Pleasant earthy fragrance with soft texture
- Black Millet vs Yellow Millet: Black millet contains health promoting anthocyanins antioxidant which are not available in yellow millet. Anthocyanins act as a natural food colourant, which fight against free radicals, slowing the aging process, and have been reported to reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancers
- Hulled & non-glutinous
- Gluten free and non-GMO grain
- Easy to cook and versatile
Why organic black millet fades when immersed in water?
Without adding any artificial colorants, CFO’s Organic Black Millet is rich in anthocyanins, which is the water-soluble pigments responsible for the color of black millet. Anthocyanins occur naturally in plants that provide numerous health benefits to humans
- Main minerals include iron, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium
- Rich in vitamin E: Protects cells against damage by free radicals and prevent the oxidation of bad cholesterol.
- High in vitamin A: Essential for the functioning of the eyes and maintaining good skin health
- Provide all the essential amino acids: useful components in a variety of metabolisms